In modern society, the use of lasers is becoming more and more common, bringing about earth-shaking changes in modern life. There is still no uniform standard for the quality evaluation of high power laser cutting machine. So far, there is no standard for laser cutting quality in China. Today, by asking a number of senior operating masters of Perfect Laser, the following metrics are summarized:
1. Cutting width. The slit width generally does not affect the quality of the cut. The cut width has an important effect only when a particularly precise contour is formed inside the part. This is because the cut width determines the minimum inner diameter of the profile. When the thickness of the sheet increases, the cut width also increases.
2. Depression and corrosion. The depressions and corrosion have an adverse effect on the surface of the cutting edge, affecting the appearance. They appear in cutting errors that should normally be avoided.
3. Verticality. Whether the edge angle of the slit is vertical and the slope is too large.
4. Roughness. The laser cutting section will form a vertical grain. The depth of the grain determines the roughness of the cutting surface. The shallower the grain, the smoother the cutting section.
5. Grain. When cutting a thick plate at a high speed, the molten metal does not appear in the slit below the vertical laser beam, but instead is ejected behind the laser beam. As a result, the curved lines are formed at the cutting edges, and the lines closely follow the moving laser beam. To correct this problem, the feed rate is lowered at the end of the cutting process, and the formation of the lines can be greatly eliminated.